This year's Directed Energy Day, occurring November 15, 2018, will provide a forum to discuss the efforts to develop and leverage DE technologies in support of U.S. national security needs and battlefield overmatch. The agenda is comprised of 8 unique and collaborative sessions with a focus on this year's theme of "Developing and Deploying Directed-Energy Systems to Meet National Security Needs."
Alexandria, VA, September 26, 2018 --(PR.com)-- Defense Strategies Institute (DSI) will hold their upcoming 2nd Annual Directed Energy Day on November 15, 2018, at the Mary M. Gates Learning Center in Alexandria, VA. The symposium will focus on DE’s role in National security and the future Force, Service and DoD DE roadmaps, R&D initiatives, acquisition strategies, and much more.
This year's agenda is comprised of 8 unique and collaborative sessions with a focus on the theme of "Developing and Deploying Directed-Energy Systems to Meet National Security Needs.” 2018 sessions are as follows:
- Deploying and Utilizing Directed Energy Weapons in Support of National Security Needs
Speaker: Dr. Thomas J. Karr, Assistant Director of Defense for Directed Energy, Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Driving Naval Directed Energy R&D for Future Integration Across the Fleet Force
Speaker: William P. Bray, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Navy Research, Development, Test & Evaluation Department of the Navy
- Transforming Today’s Ballistic Missile Defense System through the Integration of Directed Energy
Speaker: Keith Englander, SES, Director for Engineering, Missile Defense Agency
- Army S&T Efforts to Support Improved DE Lethality
Speaker: Michael Holthe, Director for Lethality, ASA(ALT)/ODASA Research & Technology
- Panel Discussion: Non-Lethal Directed Energy Initiatives and Efforts for Improved Homeland Defense
Panel Moderator: David Law, Technology Division Chief, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Applying Directed Energy Weaponry onto USAF Platforms for Improved Distributed Lethality
Speaker: Col Michael E. Thompson, Chief, Advanced Weapons Systems Division, Air Combat Command, United States Air Force
- Driving Directed Energy Research and Development for the Creation of the Future Air Force
Speaker: Dr. Sean Ross, AFRL Directed Energy Liaison, SAF/AQR
- Updates on the Joint Laser Systems Effectiveness Joint Test Program
Speaker: LTC Yusef Good, USA, Deputy Director, JLaSE Joint Test, NSWC Dahlgren
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the Directed Energy Day can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://directedenergy.dsigroup.org/
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions contact Morgan Colfax at email@example.com, 201-266-0058.
**Summit is closed to press / No recordings**
Download Agenda: http://directedenergy.dsigroup.org/download-the-agenda/agenda-download-form/